This delicious raw pizza recipe is kindly shared by Elaina Love from Pure Joy Academy which I though you may all like as we all crave pizza sometimes 🙂
Enjoy this recipe and visit Elaina’s Facebook page to connect with her 🙂
INGREDIENTS FOR CRUST:
3 C peeled and chopped zucchini (about 3 small squash)
1 1/2 tsp. high mineral salt (Himalayan, Real or Celtic)
1/2 cup olive oil or a high quality extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup golden flax meal (grind whole seeds in a coffee grinder or blender)
1 cup soaked almonds (about ½+ cups before soaking for 8 hours)
1. Blend the peeled zucchini, salt and oil until smooth. Add the almonds and continue to blend until the entire mixture is smooth. You may need to use a spatula or celery stick to get the mixture to blend.
2. Pour the blended mixture into a bowl and add the flax meal.
3. Let the batter sit for a few minutes to let the mixture thicken.
4. Shape into 4 small or 2 large pizza crusts on 16×16 inch dehydrator trays covered with drying sheets. Dehydrate the crusts at 105 degrees for four hours. 5. Remove the drying sheets and continue to dehydrate until the crusts are firm. It may take eight or more hours altogether. Be sure to dry the crust upright after flipping or they will bow in the wrong direction.
Storage: You can freeze these crusts for up to 3 months in a re-sealable bag.
INGREDIENTS FOR PIZZA SAUCE:
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, covered in water and soaked 2 or more hours
1/2 medium tomato or red bell pepper, chopped
1 large pitted date or 1 TBS xylitol
1 medium clove garlic
4 large basil leaves
1 Tbs. chopped onion
1/2 tsp. high mineral salt (Himalayan, Celtic or Real salt)
1/4 tsp. dried oregano or 1 tsp. fresh
½ tsp. Italian seasoning
Blend everything together including the tomato soak water until smooth. Let the excess water rise to the top for 30 minutes and drain it off.
This sauce freezes well.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHEESE
2 cups pine nuts, cashews or macadamia nuts
½ cup water
2 probiotic capsules (Ultimate Flora)
After the cheese ferments, add:
1 Tbs. unpasturized light miso paste
1/4 tsp. Celtic sea salt
1 tsp. lemon juice
1. Blend nuts with the water adding just enough water to make a thick paste.
2. When nuts are creamy add the powder from the capsules and blend lightly.
3. Pour the mixture into a glass bowl and put a lid on it.
4. Let sit in a semi warm place (80 degrees or higher) for 8 to 12 hours.
5. Test the cheese. When it tastes a little sour, add the seasonings and serve on pizza or put it in a glass container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
IN A HURRY? Skip the fermentation process, add your flavorings and go!
Parmesan: You may also dehydrate it into a dry cheese for sprinkling on pasta or salad.
TOPPINGS INGREDIENTS FOR 2 LARGE PIZZAS
1 red bell pepper, diced
15 mushrooms, sliced and marinated in a little olive oil and salt
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced and halved
10 black olives, pitted and sliced or chopped
Nut Cheese (if using avocado, you may want to skip this step)
2 avocados, sliced (if using cheese, you may want to skip this step)
Assembly for Pizza:
1. Spread the sauce on the crust.
2. Spread the cheese on the sauce (if using avocado, you may want to skip cheese)
3. Layer avocado on the sauce or the cheese (if using cheese you may skip avo)
4. Add additional toppings in any order.
5. Warm in a dehydrator at 115° for ½-1 hour before serving.
6. Top with sprouts if desired